Amarillo Cultural District
Texas Commission on the Arts State Cultural District
A project of Center City of Amarillo, A Texas Main Street City
The Texas Commission on the Arts designated the Amarillo Cultural District in 2016. The Amarillo Cultural District is one of 35 districts in Texas.
In 2005, the Texas Legislature authorized the Texas Commission on the Arts to designate cultural districts in Texas cities to promote the arts and tourism.
The Amarillo Cultural District is a project of Center City of Amarillo, a Texas Main Street City.
- The Amarillo Cultural District includes:
- Historic Downtown Amarillo/ Center City
- Historic Route 66
- Sunset Center Galleries
- Wolflin area with the Amarillo Little Theatre
- Amarillo College Washington Campus & Amarillo Museum of Art
The Amarillo Cultural District works to:
- Increase awareness of the arts
- Bring more cultural tourists to Amarillo as a destination
- Foster greater collaborations and cooperation among the arts
- Encourage economic development through the impact of the arts
- Build on a solid foundation of arts and culture in Amarillo
Follow the Amarillo Cultural District on Facebook at artsinamarillo
For information, call Center City of Amarillo at 372-6744 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org